Pastor Jack Hayford shares his heart regarding Israel and why it is important for the body of Christ to stand with Israel. He gives the following 8 points in a handout:
1. Every believer is charged to make Jews a priority in their value system and to render thanksgiving from their hearts for God's work via them as a people.
2. Our place in God's present order inextricably links us with the Jews as a people, and thereby the land of Israel according to the Word.
3. God has made unique declarations regarding the land of Israel, which have never been rescinded.
4. Israel's present conflict is neither by their initiative nor perpetuated by expansionism or racism on their part.
5. To stand with Israel is not to oppose Arab peoples as an entity or to oppose the rights of Arabs living in Israel to a peaceful, politically secure and prosperous life.
6. The relentless animosities of sectors of the Arab world are not merely political causes, but are driven by spiritual powers that will not be satisfied until Israel ceases to exist.
7. The same spirit driving these animosities is equally opposed to Christians as to Jews (in anti-Christ as well as anti-Jew), and in time will eventually bring persecution to both.
8. A biblical assignment and a divine promise summon our stand in faith, our intercession with expectancy and our support with promise.